Many of today’s guitarists are looking for the best partner for their pedalboard but ultimately end up with an amp that’s lifeless and lacking in character. With the Rocker 32 however, we’ve nailed the perfect pedal amp. What makes the Rocker 32 so special? Simple. It’s an all-valve stereo guitar amp in a compact and portable combo format.
The Rocker 32 can be run just like a 'normal' combo – straight in or with standard mono effects loop connections. Even before you start experimenting, you’ll soon realise that this is not just another bland, soulless pedal platform, but a serious amplifier in its own right. The Rocker 32 has classic Orange mojo in abundance and its 2×10” configuration means a full and fat delivery whilst keeping the footprint small. There’s even some clever circuitry under the hood to give the amp a wider spread of sound than most regular twin speaker combos.
At the heart of the Rocker 32, though, is its stereo effects loop which opens up a world of limitless possibilities for your pedalboard. If you’re into epic panning delays and massive soundscapes, connect the Rocker 32 for full stereo operation for enormously spatial tones that wash over the audience. If you’re more old-school, you can patch your pedals in 'wet/dry' mode, with your effects appearing on one speaker and your clean guitar tone on the other. This makes for great separation and clarity on stage.
The front end of the Rocker 32 is one-of-a-kind. The Natural channel features just one control (Volume), and has been carefully voiced to bring out every nuance of different guitars, pickups and pedal combinations. There is plenty of clean headroom here but this channel also loves to be hit with overdrive and distortion stomps.
The Dirty channel has a more familiar look to it with a three band EQ, gain and master volume controls, and can be set clean or adjusted for different flavours of British crunch. There’s also a handy half power mode to drop the volume level if you like to push the EL84 output valves a bit harder for more saturation. This switches the Rocker 32 from the full 30 Watts (15W a side) down to a more home-friendly 15 Watts (7W a side).
- Features: Features: All valve twin channel 2×10” stereo guitar amp combo, valve buffered mono/stereo effects loop & half power mode
- Controls (Right to Left): Natural Channel: Volume ｜ Dirty Channel: Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Volume｜ Chanel Selector, Half/STBY/Full Power selector｜ Power Switch
- Output Power: 30W / 15W (15W-a-side or 7.5W-a-side, switchable)
- Valves: Preamp: 4 x ECC83/12AX7 & 2 x ECC81/12AT7 Power Amp: 4 x EL84
- Speakers: 2 x Orange Voice of the World Gold Label 10"
- Effects Loop: Yes, valve buffered, mono or stereo return
- Unboxed Dimensions (W x H x D): 58 x 46 x 29cm (22.83 x 18.11 x 11.42")
- Unboxed Weight: 23.3kg (51.26lb)
- Finish Options: Orange or Black basketweave vinyl