In the early '90s EHX sold thousands of Sovtek MIG-50 amps. Players loved how they nailed that vintage 1959 tweed Bassman tone. Unfortunately those "made in Russia" amps suffered from less than stellar mechanical construction. But, even with their problems, they continue to sell at super high prices because players really dig their sound.
The Electro-Harmonix MIG-50 is a faithful reissue of the original with solid improvements to the components and construction. They are assembled by hand in their NYC factory and the build quality is first rate. The result is a MIG-50 head with sound and tone that's a proven winner in a really robust, road worthy package.
- 50 watt head
- 2 channels, each with its own
- volume control, channel 1 is normal, channel 2 is bright/high gain
- Treble, middle, bass and presence controls
- (2) Tung-Sol 5881 power tubes
- (3) Tung-Sol 12AX7 preamp tubes
- 110V, 117V, 230V, 50/60 Hz switchable
- External bias adjustment controls
- 4, 8, or 16 ohm speaker outputs