An elusive legend among Fender® aficionados, the Nocaster® has an interesting history. Originally called the "Broadcaster" during its initial production run in '50, it was renamed after a request from The Gretsch Company, which offered a drum set named "Broadkaster". As a cost-saving measure Fender® simply cut the name off the headstock label with scissors, leaving just the famous Fender logo until late '51 when they received their new name, Telecaster®. The lack of model name led to these guitars being christened "Nocasters" by collectors—very few were produced and their sound and feel are legendary among players who know.
Bursting at the seams with early 50's style and comfort, the Time Machine Nocaster® wields Fender® Custom Shop hand-wound "Loaded" '51 Nocaster® bridge pickup and Hand Wound Texas Special Neck Pickup, bordered by a '51 Nocaster Relic pickguard. This Holy Grail of Tele® guitars also features a 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple neck that’s ideal for any playing style and thumb position.
Other highlights include a 9.5"-radius fingerboard, 6105 frets, 3-way switch, '51-'54 bridge, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut and vintage '51-'55 relic string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Model Name: 1951 Nocaster® Relic®, Maple Fingerboard, Faded Nocaster Blonde
- Model Number: 9239990832
- Series: Time Machine
- Color: Faded Nocaster® Blonde
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: Nocaster "U"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Narrow
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 50's
- Headstock: Telecaster®
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Neck Finish: Medium Tint Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: 1-Piece Maple
- Position Inlays: Micarta Black
- Bridge Pickup: Hand Wound '51 Nocaster Bridge Pickup
- Neck Pickup: Hand Wound Texas Special Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: '51-'54 Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: '51 Nocaster Relic
- Control Knobs: Nocaster® Chrome Relic®
- Switch Tips: Vintage Tele Relic
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case; Strap; Certificate of Authenticity.
Weight: 7.0 lbs