Note this is being sold as used. During our photo session a little smaring was made on the flight case and the letters are slightly smudged. This makes it a great deal for you! Enjoy!
Few images in '70s rock are as stirring as Phil Lynott, bassist/vocalist of Thin Lizzy, wearing his aviator shades and hoisting his P Bass above the crowd. As individual as he was, this customized bass sported a Mirrored pickguard that became his signature aesthetic touch. Master Builder John Cruz has painstakingly recreated this bass in precise detail, as only a Custom Shop Master Builder can. Not only is this limited-edition bass a true-to-the-era replica, we also threw some extra Lynott-inspired goodies into the custom Anvil® roadcase for you.
To craft this instrument, Cruz began with a two-piece select ash body, added a lacquer finish to let the body breathe with more tonal resonance—and, of course, the custom pickguard and a hand-wound '78 P Bass® split-coil pickup. The stable, rift-sawn maple neck has a lacquered headstock face. Along with an oil finish, giving it a fast feel that perfectly matched Lynott's fleet-fingered style. The 7.25"-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard hosts 20 jumbo frets, while the body sports a Badass® II high-mass bridge for extra sustain and punchy tone. Other features include Dunlop® strap locks, vintage- '70s-style tuning machines, bone nut and round string tree. Includes custom Anvil case, custom studded leather strap and custom studded wristband, mirrored aviator sunglasses and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Model Name: Limited Edition Phil Lynott Precision Bass®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Black
- Model Number: 9215002602
- Series: Limited Edition
- Color: Black
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Ash
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Rift Sawn Maple
- Neck Shape: 1975 "U"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Headstock: Large '70s Style
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Engraved
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '78 Single-Coil Precision Bass®
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: None
- Pickup Configuration: S
- Bridge: Bad Ass™ II
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Style
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pickguard: Custom Mirrored
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA Nickel Plated Steel (.050-.105 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Custom Anvil Case, Custom Made Leather Strap, Custom Made Studded Wrist Band, Custom Mirrored Aviation Sunglasses, Certificate of Authenticity.
- Weight: 8.2 lbs