Built by the Fender Custom Shop specially for the 2019 Summer Dealer Showcase as an example of what they can do. These are the guitars FCS uses to get us Showcase level dealers to buy more.
Distinguishing itself from its 50's predecessors, the 1964 Strat® introduced a slew of updates to players. Strutting a round-lam dark rosewood fingerboard, 3-ply parchment pickguard and a faded fiesta red color on a two-piece alder body, the debut of modern Strat features garnishes this '64 Relic in eye-catching fashion. To faithfully commemorate this benchmark guitar, Fender Custom Shop serves up a shot of vintage swagger with a Relic lacquer finish, complete with a compendium of vintage-correct appointments, crafted in steadfast detail.
Among these period-specific features are a tinted quartersawn maple neck with a "60's Oval C"-shaped neck profile for exceptional playability, hand-wound ’64 Strat pickups for classic tone, vintage-style tuning machines and vintage strat relic bridge.
Additional features include 21 6105 frets, 5-way switch, Postmodern Strat Fat 50s Hookup Wiring w/ Greasebucket Tone Circuit and bone nut. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
As a Fender Custom Shop Showcase Dealer we get to work directly with the builders. If you have any dream Fender guitar in mind we would be happy to help you get it made. I travel to the Custom Shop regularly on trips where I design many of the guitars you see for sale on our site and at the store. Do not hesitate to call in and talk to either Sean or myself about Custom Shop guitars. We enjoy this more than you know or maybe you do know. Thank You, James Schultz -Owner 206.397.4438
- Model Name: Limited Edition 1964 Stratocaster® Relic, Rosewood Fingerboard, Faded Fiesta Red
- Model Number: 9231011591
- Series: Custom Limited Summer Showcase Guitar
- Color: Faded Fiesta Red
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: Lightweight 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Material: Tinted Maple Quartersawn
- Neck Shape: 60's Oval "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (572 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: 6105 Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: 60's
- Neck Plate: Engraved Limited Edition Chrome Relic
- Neck Finish: Medium Tint Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl
- Features: Heavy relic neck back
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '64 Single-Coil Strat® Relic
- Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound RWRP '64 Single-Coil Strat® Relic
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '64 Single-Coil Strat® Relic
- Controls: Postmodern Strat Fat 50s Hookup Wiring w/ Greasebucket Tone Circuit
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: Custom Shop Vintage Strat Relic
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo Relic
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome Relic®
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment/Black/Parchment Nitro Relic
- Control Knobs: Vintage White Relic
- Switch Tips: Vintage White Relic
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
Weight: 8.0 lbs