This venerable transition year for the Strat brought several big changes, including a flat-lam rosewood fingerboard, white “clay” position dots and an 11-hole pickguard (single-ply until that July). Leo Fender, never one to waste anything, would use up parts until they were gone completely, so during transition years you can find different and distinctive combinations of parts. We’ve incorporated some of those rare combinations in this faithful recreation.
- Model Name: Limited Edition 1959 Stratocaster Relic Faded Aged Ocean Turquoise
- Model Number: 9231012827
- Series: Custom Limited
- Color: Faded Aged Ocean Turquoise
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Finish: Relic® Lacquer
- Neck Material: Rift Sawn Maple
- Neck Shape: '60s Oval "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (572 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685"
- Headstock: Stratocaster
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Engraved "Limited Edition"
- Neck Finish: Tinted
- Fingerboard: Flat-Lam Rosewood
- Position Inlays:
- Bridge Pickup: Hand-Wound Texas Special™
- Middle Pickup: Hand-Wound Texas Special™ RWRP
- Neck Pickup: Hand-Wound Texas Special™
- Controls: Vintage Modified #2 Wiring with Tone-Saver Bleed
- Pickup Switching: 5-Way Switch
- Pickup Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: Custom Shop Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Vintage White
- Switch Tips: Vintage White
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
Weight: 7.7 lbs