In 2011 we released the Panther Analog Delay. Almost exactly two years later we tried a nearly impossible feat of taking everything we love about the Panther Delay, making a few improvements, and packaging it into a enclosure half the size. We are proud to bring to you the Panther Cub. True Bucket Brigade delay that has the tone and options to cover any style, any use, and any player. The Panther Cub Delay is our most anticipated pedal to date with it’s groundbreaker feature set including “tap tempo control” that lives within an all analog 1000 milliseconds of delay time! The “effects loop” allows you to place any effect or effects chain on the repeats only. We kept the four section “Ratio Control” to give you quarter, dotted eighth, eighth, and triplet divisions. The built in “Modulation” gives you a shimmery Deluxe Memory Man type vibe and works perfectly even with tap in use. The Panther Delay was the first to do this! The internal "Roar" switch gives you two different levels/sensitivity of oscillation and runaway. As the user you have the ability to program an “expression control” to your favorite knob to use it to change settings on the fly! The “Tap In/Out” jack lets you remotely tap in a tempo or slave another tap device for amazing live flexibility. All this and more is powered by a standard 9v supply.
What's New on the V2?
- Half the size of the Panther Cub V1 and Panther Cub V1.5
- Fully Wet Mix now available
- Gain Control to set overall volume
- Even smoother oscillation and run-away
- Active EQ, which functions at a Tilt style EQ
100% Analog Bucket Brigade Technology
The Panther Cub V2 is voiced to deliver the dark and chewy repeats that analog delay fans clamor for. The Panther Cub offers you 1,000ms (one full second) of delay time! Bring in beautiful, ambient modulation with the pedal's modulation controls.
- 1,000ms of Delay (1 full second)
- Four 3205 Bucket Brigade Delay chips
- Onboard Modulation that stays accurate even when using Tap Tempo
Extensive Onboard Control
Thanks to its groundbreaking feature set, the Panther Cub Delay has been one of our most intriguing pedals to date. It's not often you find an all-analog delay with onboard tap tempo and a 4-section RATIO control with settings for quarter, dotted-eighth, eighth, and triplet divisions. In fact, our original Panther Delay was the first to do it in 2011!
- Soft-touch Tap Tempo switch
- 4-position RATIO control (1/4, 1/8, dotted 1/8, Triplets)
- True Speed LED (indicates rate of actual delay)
External Tone-shaping Power
The Panther Cub's control and tweakability extend further than what you'll find onboard. An expression pedal input can be assigned to change many of the pedal's settings on the fly. And you even have the opportunity to externally control your tap tempo and tap slave the Panther Cub to your other time-based pedals.
- Dry Out (via TRS splitter) for stereo field of sound
- Assignable Expression (control Time, Ratio, Modulation)
- Tap Input/Output allows external tap controller or tap slaving
Additional Panther Cub Benefits:
- Even smaller Pedalboard-friendly size
- Space-saving top-mounted Input/Output jacks
- True Bypass Switching
- Standard 9V DC negative power
100% Designed, Populated, and Assembled in Kansas City USA