For years, we’ve been hounded by our customers and retailers to make a pedal. It may have taken a while for us to join the pedal party but it had to be right, and for 2015 we’ve finally settled on a design of which we are truly proud. Introducing our first pedal since the 1960s – the Custom Shop Bax Bangeetar Guitar Pre-EQ.
As a traditional stompbox the Bax Bangeetar is in a class of its own, boasting a unique and hugely versatile gain structure with extensive EQ controls. Dial in an enormous range of overdriven and distorted tones, delivered with a feel and responsiveness rarely found in pedals. Beyond that, though, this preamp pedal is an invaluable tool, allowing you to tailor your tone to any setup with absolute precision via its parametric mid controls.
Find and eliminate problem frequencies in certain guitars and amps, shape broad mid ‘scoops’ or boost anywhere on the mid spectrum to suit any style. Plug straight into the front of an amp as a standalone drive pedal, or plug into the effects return to make the donor amp ‘disappear’! Whatever your rig, the possibilities are virtually limitless.
For even more flexibility, the second output takes your sound and passes it through our CabSim circuit, recreating the frequency response of a mic’d Orange 4×12” cab, ideal for direct recording or even connecting to a PA. Whether on stage or in the studio, the nature and scope of its controls mean there isn’t a situation where the Bax Bangeeter wouldn’t be welcome.
- Features: Custom Shop preamp pedal with fully parametric mid controls, regular and CabSim output, clean boost function & highly transparent buffered bypass.
- Top Panel (Right to Left): Volume, Frequency, Q, Mid, (Below) Gain, Bottom, Top
- Finish Options: Black or white enclosure
- Power: 9V battery operation or 9V-12V DC adapter. Max current draw 81mA
- Unboxed Dimensions (W x H x D): 19.8 × 9.2 x 12.8cm (12.01 x 11.42 x 6.88")
- Unboxed Weight: 1.6kg (3.52lb)