The Carl Martin DeLayla was designed and developed with one goal in mind: To create a superior analogue delay pedal, incorporating some of the same features used in vintage tape delay units. To achieve this, we have incorporated a second delay tap (similar to using two heads simultaneously on a tape delay).
- The TAP footswitch is used to turn the second tap on or off.
- The TAP knob controls the mix of main delay vs. second tap delay.
- Clockwise movement favours the second tap; counter clockwise favours the main delay.
- The result is a warm, smooth sound reminiscent of the vintage tape units used in the 50’s and 60’s.
- The DeLayla is able to capture one of the hardest sounds: that authentic rock ‘n roll slapback echo that digital processors are unable to emulate.
- The unit also features a built in regulated (+-12V) power supply.