The Dispatch Master is one of our favorite devices at EQD, and remains our top-seller to this day. Pick one up, and you’ll know why.
Crystalline digital delays up to 1.5 seconds without nasty self-oscillation. Luscious reverbs that seem to last forever, like a collect call from beyond the fourth dimension. Ethereal ambient soundscapes that drift off into outer space like a psychedelic shooting star. Over ten thousand pickers, grinners, heshers, singers, shredders, ivory ticklers, trumpeters, bassists, and synthesists use the Dispatch Master to make and receive music in all genres - anything from thick swatches of reverb and delay, to a quick chicken-pickin’ slapback, or even just to add a little bit of room sound to a signal that’s a tad dry.
The delay signal is clear and strong, with no gross digital artifacts or tonal degradation. The reverb is massive and cavernous. With a twist of the “Mix” knob, you’ll hear everything from subtle ambient spaces, making the Dispatch Master a useful “always on” pedal; to cavernous reflections and echoes with near-infinite repeats.
The Dispatch Master is designed to be a little more hi-fi than the Ghost Echo or Levitation, for those players looking for clean, articulate time-based effects in a versatile yet still compact footprint. The Delay and Reverb effects may be used separately or in tandem. You just have to answer the call.
The Dispatch Master is true bypass, and built one at a time by retired telephone switchboard operators in Akron, Ohio, USA, the Clark Kent of the Midwest.
The Dispatch Master uses silent relay-based soft touch switching. Audio will not pass without power.
- Time: Sets the delay time, from 0ms to 1.5 seconds.
- Repeats: Controls the regeneration of the delayed signal. Also acts as a enhancer for the reverb. In reverb mode this will control the thickness, decay, depth and overall nature of the reverb.
- Reverb: Clockwise for more reverb, counterclockwise for less.
- Mix: Adjusts the over all level of the effected signal.
- To use as a reverb only, turn the time control all the way down and adjust the reverb and mix controls to taste. In this mode, the repeats control can be used to enhance the thickness, decay, depth and overall nature of the reverb. With the reverb control at its maximum setting, the repeats control will gradually overload the effect at higher settings.
- To use as a delay only, turn the reverb control all the way down and adjust the time, repeats and mix controls to taste.
- To use both effects in unison, adjust all controls to taste.
- Top mounted jacks
- Silent soft-touch relay based switching
- True bypass and hand made one at a time in landlocked Akron, Ohio.
- Measures 4.37″ X 2.37″ X 1.75″ with knobs
- Powered by a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a negative center 2.1mm barrel, no battery option. We do not recommend using this pedal on a daisy chain. Please use a a dedicated power supply or isolated output from a multiple tap power supply for best performance.