Handwired in the USA
The Standard Jazzmaster prewired kit is a stripped down circuit that does NOT include the upper controls found on a traditional Jazzmaster wiring circuit. Emerson's prewired kit is wired up 50's style like during the golden area of vintage Gibson's. This 50's style wiring is perfect for someone who wants the simplicity and purity of tone that a master volume & master tone circuit provide.
This Prewired Kit Includes:
- 1: Master Volume - Emerson Pro Split Shaft Audio Taper Pot
- 1: Master Tone - Emerson Pro Split Shaft Audio Taper Pot
- 1: Switchcraft Output Jack
- 1: Switchcraft 3-Way Toggle Switch (Switch Tip Sold Separately)
- 1: Emerson Classics Paper in Oil Tone Capacitor
- 1 Meg Emerson Pro Pots w/ a 0.047uf Emerson Paper In Oil Capacitor (Slightly Brighter than the 500k option for more traditional & bright sound)
** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS KIT DOESN'T INCLUDE A PICKGUARD. IT SHIPS ON A WOODEN TEMPLATE, THANKS. **
This kit DOES NOT include the rhythm circuit or roller pots normally found on a traditional jazzmaster circuit.
**Installation Tips for Knobs on Split Shaft Pots: The Emerson Pro split shaft pots are made to fit USA Spec 24 spline push-on knobs. Some USA & Import Guitars will need new USA Spec Knobs as even some US makers use import spec parts which will not work with these pots. Emerson recommends that you don't rush the knob install process. If your knob is too tight and is not going on ,slightly crimp together the top of the potentiometers shaft ever so slightly so that when you go to push on the knob you don't damage the pot shaft by exerting too much downward pressure.