Since the early 70's the Boogie™ Mark Series amplifiers have been famous for their gobs of overdrive and liquid sustain, making them the choice for a solo voice. Combining this thick gain with their on-board 5 band graphic EQ produced lethal crunch as well and these trademark sounds propelled players and Mesa into the spotlight for 20 years.
Still, Mesa yearned for more in their mosh. They envisioned a menacing sound with the creamy voice of a Boogie, yet with huge low end that could track faster and stay tight even under the most extreme settings. In the early dawn of the goatee and tattoo era Mesa longed to create another classic…a statement of the times, like the mighty little Boogie of the 70's. Mesa's quest ended in the Dual & Triple Rectifier® Solo Heads and the rest is history. Ten years later, the patented Dual Rectifier® Series amplifiers continue to astonish us with their success.
Throughout the 90's Mesa introduced several other models in this line aimed at milder gain styles and they too found their legions of devotees. Yet with hundreds of hit recordings and thousands of ecstatic customers, the Dual & Triple Solo Heads remain the mainstay of the Rectifier phenomenon.
- 100 watts, class A/B power / 4x6L6, 5x12AX7, 2x5U4
- Bias select switch (6L6/EL34)
- Fixed bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
- 3 fully independent channels with 8 modes (Channel 1=clean or pushed, channel 2= raw, vintage high gain or modern high gain, channel 3=raw, vintage high gain or modern high gain)
- Independent gain, treble, mid, bass, presence and master controls per channel
- Output level control (over all channels, when activated)
- Footswitchable solo level control - Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels, when activated)
- Selectable dual rectifier switch (Tube/diode - Patent 5,168,438))
- Bold/spongy “Variac” switch (Patent 5,091,700)
- Assignable parallel FX loop w/send & mix level controls
- Slave out with level control
- External switching jacks for channels 1, 2, 3, solo & FX loop
- 5 button footswitch (channel 1, channel 2, channel 3, solo & FX loop)