Introducing the new Pure Class A, EL-84 powered Lone Star Special featuring cChannel assignable power that allows you to assign 1, 2 or all 4 EL-84’s to either of its 2 Channels for independent Power Ratings of 5, 15 or 30 Watts! The stylistic momentum of the Lone Star has been overwhelming. Players and reviewers alike have bestowed global accolades on this gem, including prestigious Editor’s Pick and Platinum Awards.
“So …why another Lone Star?” Because tone this good, demands it! Take that incredibly expressive pre-amp with its intuitive versatility, add the vintage magic of EL-84’s running Pure Class A — and a new classic is born. Where its Big Brother boasts the huge warmth and headroom of 6L6 power, the Special delivers seductive, bubbly tone and a sensual, elastic feel. This Lone Star is short on weight, but tall on personality.
Authentic retro-tone is all about power and the way it clips. Yet in any given amp, the sweet-spot of power clip is inseparably tied to its wattage and playing loudness. The Lone Star Special smashes this age-old limitation by offering three distinct power configurations, each with its own window of wattage: 30, 15, or 5. Perfect power. Per channel. On demand.
Thirty Watts, bold and pure from all four power tubes punches through the mix and hangs with a band in mid-size venues. Fifteen watts cries the blues with sinful passion …coaxing expressive soul from an electron-soaked pair of EL-84’s. Both these circuits run Pure Class A in a push-pull configuration. But what really makes this Lone Star Special is its ability to switch down to five watts of single-ended power bliss.
In push-pull circuits, the second harmonic is cancelled out when the two halves of the wave-form are re-combined in the output transformer. Unlike push-pull, single-ended circuits preserve this most musical of all harmonics. A subtle coating of warm distortion (an octave above the note you’re playing) glazes the entire spectrum with a purring, golden halo of precious nuance. Perfect for individual playing or recording.
Between the two Lone Stars, you can choose to clip your power at 5, 15, 30, 50 or 100 watts. All this bouncy Class A tone blooms naturally in a trim new 1x12 cab roughly 3/4s the size of its big brother. (And you can afford to pack both these hand-crafted jewels for around the same bling-bling as a one-trick pony from the boutique corral. But don’t shop price – compare tone!)
Gigging at the club… rehearsing with the band… recording in the studio… tracking at home… or simply finding inspiration late at night… the finely tuned power sections of the Lone Star Special transcend all these needs – going where no single amp has gone before.
- Pure Class A, Multi-Watt™ Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent 7,602,927) allows you to assign either 1, 2 or 4 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 5, 15 or 30 Watts per Channel via independent 5/15/30 Watt Power Switches / 4xEL84, 5x12AX7, 1x5Y3
- Rectifier Tracking™ (5&15 Watt Mode = Tube, 30 Watt = Diode - Patents 5,168,438 & 7,193,458)
- 2 Fully Independent Channels each with Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, Reverb & Master Controls
- Channel 1=Boutique Vintage Clean/Classic Breakup
- Channel 2=Clone
- of Ch 1 or Cascading High Gain
- Drive/Clean Switch activates Ch 2 “Drive” Control (Multi-Stage
- Cascading Gain Circuit)
- Thick/Normal/Thicker Voicing Switch (Channel 2)
- All-Tube, Long
- Spring Reverb with Bright/Warm Reverb Tone Switch
- Output Level Control (over all channels
- when activated)
- Footswitchable Solo Level Control – Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels
- when activated)
- Fully Buffered FX Loop with Send Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- True “Hard” Bypass Switch that removes FX Loop, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- Fan Cooled with On/Off Switch
- External Switching
- Jacks for Channels 1/2, Solo & Reverb
- All Aluminum Chassis
- 2 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2 & Solo)
- Slip Cover