This is the same Trans-Class™ ultra-fast, super-soulful amplifier that has had so many bassists reconsidering their tone.
The CARBINE expands the MESA Family of Bass amplifiers with an exciting new voice that’s super fast and extremely focused! The output section relies on the same time- proven array of custom designed mosfets used in the M-Pulse, Big Block and Titan models, but the preamp and driver section are all new creating a very different feel and attitude.
Up front the tube preamp utilizes a standard tone control string of bass, mid and treble to shape the basic sound, but the shaping power doesn’t stop there. There is a "Pull Deep" feature found on the bass control that keeps the low end tight and articulate when pushed in or, enhances the sub-lows and adds super-top air when pulled out.
The Carbine also features a new "Voice" control for instant access to global character changes. Here you’ll find four iconic and distinctively different sounds and a bypass on a 5 position rotary pot that graphically shows you the EQ curve for each. To the left, positions 1 and 2 dip the midrange in two different places giving you two amazing choices for classic round, warm R & B sounds. Turning right past the 12:00 noon flat position unveils two variations on the mid-bump theme. Positions 4 & 5 boost adjacent mid regions to create two powerful mid focused sounds that push articulate fingerstyle playing to the forefront of any mix or add the tight drive to Rock. Great tone doesn’t get any simpler!
- 600 Watts @ 4 or 2 Ohms (320 @ 8), Trans-Class™ Power with 8/4 or 2 Ohm impedance switch for optimum power-to-load performance / 8 Power MOSFET’s, 1x12AX7
- Active/passive input switch
- Vacuum tube preamplifier featuring: gain, active bass w/ pull deep, passive mids, 5-Position active mid-voicing switch, active treble and master volume w/pull mute
- Tuner output
- FX loop w/true “Hard” bypass switch
- Balanced XLR line out with ground lift & front panel level control with pre/post pull switch
- External switch jacks for tuner mute and mid-voices 1, 2, 4 & 5
- 2 – Combination speakon -1/4” speaker output jacks
- Fan cooled