Following a 35 year tradition of 4xEL84 based power with successful models such as the Caliber, Maverick, Nomad and Lone Star, Mesa is proud to add the legendary and first-ever Mark preamp to the 9-Pin power lineup and introduce the Mark Five: 35. This light-middleweight is an upgraded rendering of Mesa's recent smash hit, the mini-platform Mark Five: 25 and like it, the new 35 boxes far above its class.
To further bolster the new Mark Five: 35's stage-ready resume, we’ve added a channel independent solo Feature, a long-spring tank for the all-tube Reverb, the complete set of Voicing Choices from the Cabclone with the addition of the vintage setting to its on-board DI Output and an upgraded Footswitch for access to the new footswitchable choices. This new blend of perfect clip-ablity on demand and exciting, dynamic headroom when you need it, creates the most adaptable Mark amplifier yet!
Multi-Watt Channel Assignable Power
Utilizing Dyna-Watt technology within the Multi-Watt Channel Assignable power array, this performance-oriented model offers substantially more headroom, punch and power in 35 watts, while two low power options, 25 and 10 watts provide a looser feel and enhanced power clip expression. Each of the 3 Power Level settings has its own sonic character and can be used to further authenticate the sound styles you are aiming at with your Mode choices and preamp settings. The power ranges and wiring styles are; 35 Watt (Dyna-Watt Power), 25 Watt (Dyna-Watt Power) and 10 Watt (Class AB Triode).
2 Channel and 6 Modes of Might Compact Power
The MARK FIVE: 35, like the Mark Five it’s born from, is really a collection of iconic amplifiers... it’s a living history of Mesa/Boogie! Channel 1 covers the entire gain spectrum from chiming tight clean sounds, through furry, edge-of-clip, to Classic Rock crunch and all the way up to burning saturated Lead sounds. Channel 2 delivers the legendary Mark II-C+ and warmer, rounder MARK IV in all their glory and the XTREME Mode from the Mark Five.
To round out the two-Channel, six Mode preamp and lightweight but mighty sounding power section, the MARK FIVE: 35 is available as both a 19” traditional “Boogie size” Head and a portable 1x12 Combo. The Head can sit atop a number of Mesa Extension cabinets and the Combo can be coupled with an additional Extension as well for greater coverage. And to further enhance your enjoyment of either of these formats, a wide range of covering options may be chosen from custom vinyl and leathers as well as exotic hardwood cabinetry.
You'll find added tone shaping in Channel 1 via the mid/boost feature on the Mark Five: 35 . From 0 to 5 on the mid/boost you will find the normal range of a standard mid control in a condensed form. From 5 to 10 on the mid/boost, a wonderful graduation of overdrive possibilities unfolds, enhancing gain over a broad midrange spectrum and increasing the versatility of each of the 3 Modes in Channel 1. Clean and Fat give way to furry and howling, while crunch rolls past Classic Rock to unleash Metal rhythms and molten layers of harmonic complexity for Lead work.
The legendary Boogie 5-Band Graphic EQ provides the ultimate in sonic flexibility. Dial your sound in with the standard Tone controls and if further shaping is desired, employ the targeted power of the 5-Band Graphic EQ and tweak as you see fit.
The Mark Five: 35 incorporates independent solo controls that allow each channel to have its own level for the solo footswitchable boost feature. On this 35 Watt Mark rendering however, unlike other Mesa amplifiers, the solo feature is really an alternate MASTER control wired in parallel with the Channel master and therefore can achieve levels above or below that of the channel master controls.
A “Preview” feature is built into the Footswitch that indicates the status of the solo control of the Channel you are not playing through. A dim yellow LED above the solo button of either channel on the Footswitch indicates the solo is called up and will be active when you next engage that Channel. At that time, the LED on the Footswitch will illuminate full strength and change color to match the Channel’s LED color (Green for Channel 1, Red for Channel 2) and the solo will determine the Channel’s volume level until you switch it off and return to using the channel’s master control.
The Mark Five: 35 includes a headphone output for personal enjoyment of the amplifier when it is not possible or convenient to play through a speaker. This jack derives its “speaker simulated” signal from the included Cabclone D.I. feature and delivers a surprisingly good rendering of the MARK FIVE: 35’s sound and feel to your headphone set of choice. Use this output for late night practicing as it offers an authentic and inspiring Tone and feel by including your power tubes and output transformer in the signal path, and is then frequency compensated and level matched courtesy of the on-board Cabclone D.I. circuitry.
The Mark Five: 35 upgrades include additions to the on-board Cabclone D.I. feature, which now offers three classic “cabinet simulated” voicing modes and gives you the full feature set of the stand-alone Cabclone D.I. minus the output control. The simulations are an analog representation achieved through passive means (without op-amps to add gain for shaping) and were created using Mesa's 45 years of experience co-designing custom speakers with the world’s top makers and designing custom cabinets to load them in.
These Cabclone “virtual-cabinet” options allow you to tailor the direct circuit’s EQ response for different cabinet styles, gain regions and/or different instruments and pickups. The choices range from bright and open with enhanced top end for buffed clean sounds (oepn back), to a more compressed voice with the upper harmonics shelved for warm, singing single note sounds and thick high gain rhythm work (vintage), to a scooped midrange and boosted top and bottom response curve called closed back that excels for heavy crunch rhythm and high gain Lead work.
Among these three voicing options here on the Mark Five: 35 you have a broad spectrum of responses to choose from when going Direct. How you wish to apply them is up to you and these descriptions merely provide a guideline to start with. Regardless of how you dedicate them to your Channels for your recording needs, you'll have all the power needed to capture great guitar sounds Direct.
- Made in Petaluma, California with the World’s Finest Materials
- All-Tube Amplifier: 4xEL-84 Power Tubes & 6x12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
- Patented Multi-Watt Channel Assignable Power Amp featuring Mesa's proprietary Dyna-Watt technology providing three power levels and two wiring configurations (Pentode/Triode) via independent 35/25/10 Watt Power Switches:
- 10-Watt Mode utilizes 2 power tubes operating in Class A/B Triode for lush harmonics and liquid feel at lower volumes;
- 25 & 35-Watt Modes utilize 2 or 4 power tubes respectively, operating in MESA’s exclusive Dyna-Watt Class A/B Pentode for maximum power, punch and clarity
- 2 Fully Independent Channels with 6 Style Modes:
- Channel 1 Features: Clean, Fat or Crunch Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (10/25/35 Watts) - Independent Gain, Treble, Mid/Boost* (patent applied for), Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel), Master & Footswitchable Solo Controls - *Powerful Mid/Boost Control doubles as a standard Midrange Tone Control (from 1 to 5) and a Variable Gain Boost Control (from 5 to 10) providing precise levels of sweet harmonic overdrive, from subtle to blistering;
- Channel 2 Features: Legendary Mark IIC+, Mark IV and Xtreme Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (10/25/35 Watts) - Independent Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass, Presence, Reverb (rear panel), Master & Footswitchable Solo Controls
- Selectable 5-Band Graphic EQ is Footswitchable, Channel Assignable or Bypassable
- Footswitchable, Independent Solo Control for each Channel (front panel)
- All-Tube, Long-Tank, Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Controls (rear panel)
- Fully Buffered, Tube FX Loop
- Built-In CabClone Cabinet Simulator Output with Internal Amp Load and Headphone Output – Featuring Closed-Back, Open-Back and Vintage Voices, Speaker On/Off and Ground Lift Switches
- All Aluminum Chassis
- 4 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2, EQ, Solo Ch 1 & Solo Ch 2)
- Slip Cover