Welcome to a new world of expression. This adventurous new instrument may well redefine the Brit amp genre by including preamp and power options that seem near impossible for an amplifier with such a humble footprint and manageable poundage. This TransAtlantic follows the architecture of its lower powered sibling, the TA-15, that's been blowing the minds of critics and players alike and adds a more robust power section, gorgeous tube reverb and a channel assignable/bypassable effects loop. The extra horsepower and feature set on the TA-30 brings the TransAtlantic concept - and more importantly tone - out of the studio and into the world of pro gigging.
Two footswitchable channels navigate the Atlantic with stylistic flair and give you a passport to the best British and American preamp sounds in two straightforward groups of five controls. The five preamp modes (2 in Ch.1 and 3 in Ch. 2) are selected with a simple mini toggle located in the top position of stacked toggles in each channel.
Along with this array of iconic preamps the TA-30 offers three amazing power choices in each channel, each of which allow you to perfectly tune the power to enhance the preamp mode chosen for a given footswitchable sound. The result of all this flexibility is a fully capable live-performance amp with an uncanny sense of direction; that can also be switched down to 15 watts for lower volume power-clip applications or late-night sessions.
- Multi-Watt™, Channel Assignable Power Amp (Patent 7,602,927) featuring Duo-Class™ and Dyna-Watt™ (Patent 4,713,624) technologies providing three power and two operating class options that are channel assignable via independent 15/30/40 Watt Power Switches.
- 2 power tubes operating in pure Class A Push-Pull, producing 15 Watts
- 4 tubes operating in pure Class A Push-Pull, producing 30 Watts ...or...
- 4 tubes operating in Mesa's Patented Dyna-Watt™ Power that maximizes the power and punch of time-honored Class A/B power, producing 40 Watts
- All Tube Amplifier: 4xEL-84 Power Tubes & 6x12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
- 2 Fully Independent Channels with 5 Style Modes:
- Channel 1 features: Normal (Brit Clean) or Top Boost (Brit Overdrive) Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (15/30/40 Watt), FX Loop & Reverb Assignment Switch (On/Off True Bypass), Volume (Gain), Treble, Bass, Reverb & Cut w/Pull Master
- Channel 2 features: Tweed (American Clean), Hi 1 (Brit Gain) & Hi 2 (Boogie Gain) Modes with Multi-Watt Power Switch (15/30/40 Watt), FX Loop & Reverb Assignment Switch (On/Off True Bypass), Gain w/Pull Boost, Treble, Bass, Reverb & Master
- Channel Assignable, All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb with Independent Channel Controls
- Footswitchable, Channel Assignable, Fully Buffered FX Loop
- Channel Independent True Bypass Switches fully remove FX Loop & Reverb from signal path
- Fan Cooled
- External Switch Jack for Reverb
- All Aluminum Chassis
- 2 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2 & FX Loop)