Don’t be afraid… Open the door…
Prepare to embark on the journey through space, time, and surreal sonic bliss with the TrancePortal. All Mr. Black pedals are designed and handmade in the pacific-northwest; in the industrial “south-easy,” Portland, OR. The TrancePortal glides alone within the vast cosmos of effects and while it seems very simple to operate, it can truly throw you for a loop. The trick is to just relax, open up and let the sound whisk you away to the hypnagogic wonderland it knows best.
- Dim the lights and light a candle. This isn’t a normal pedal, and this certainly isn’t a normal night.
- Plug your instrument into the input jack (right side of the pedal) and your amp into the output jack (left side of the pedal).
- Start with all the knobs set straight up and down.
- Depress the footswitch, strike a chord and follow-up with something minor.
- Lightly modulated echo with just the right amount of shimmer mixed in
- Approx. 20 – 650mS echo time
- 9VDC power (2.1mm negative center pin adapter) or internal 9V battery