The array of tones that the Seymour Duncan Catalina Chorus generates is dizzying. This chorus pedal yields sounds from clean shimmer to extreme swirling, and everything in between. Use the Catalina Chorus to create classic chorus effects, adding dimension to your sound. It generates a pulsating vibrato with pitch bends intense enough to induce seasickness. Craft lush, deep modulations reminiscent of '80s goth guitar tones, or forge Nirvana-like underwater warbling. Use the Catalina as a standard chorus effect, or kick in its Dynamic Expression feature to control the effect with the dynamics of your playing. Utilizing true analog bucket brigade technology for warm, musical character, the Seymour Duncan Catalina Chorus is a must-have effects pedal for any guitarist.
The Seymour Duncan Catalina Chorus is highly adjustable. The Delay knob provides delay times from 6 to 60ms for a variety of different effects. Depth and Rate knobs set the modulation of the delay time from off to 50% and the rate from 0.33-10 cycles/second, producing everything from subtle sparkle to warbling chaos. The Tone knob rolls off the effect's high end to enhance either its warmth or its shimmer. When the Dynamic switch is in Hard mode, the chorus effect intensifies when you dig in, and in Soft mode, it builds and swells as your chords ring out.
The Seymour Duncan Catalina Chorus's Dynamic Expression feature is pure magic. A Threshold knob controls where the effect kicks in, allowing you to control the amount of chorus in real time by varying the dynamics of your playing. The Threshold knob is lighted and changes color when the chorus effect engages, providing you with a visual indicator of what the effect is doing. Of course, you can turn Dynamic Expression off if you want to use the Catalina as a traditional chorus pedal.
Thanks to its ample adjustability, the Seymour Duncan Catalina Chorus is extremely versatile. Set the controls to 12 o'clock for a classic chorus effect. Crank the Rate control for organic, liquid-sounding vibrato. Twist the Depth control and imbue your chords with a Cure-like swirling effect with loads of sparkling top end. When we demo'd the Catalina here at Sweetwater, we found that it could achieve classic underwater grunge tones effortlessly. Yielding everything from subtle sparkle to over-the-top warbling, the Catalina belongs on your pedalboard!
- True analog Bucket Brigade stereo chorus with warm, musical character
- Delay times from 6 to 60ms for a variety of different effects
- Depth knob modulates the delay time from off to 50% for subtle sparkle or swirling chaos
- Rate knob adjusts from 0.33-10 cycles/second for slow sparkle or over-the-top vibrato
- Tone knob rolls off the high end to enhance either warmth or shimmer
- Dynamic switch with Hard and Soft modes for variable attack behavior
- Dynamic Expression controls the amount of chorus in real time by varying the dynamics of your playing
- Stereo outputs for lush stereo effects when using dual amplifiers
- True bypass to preserve your tone when the effect is off