Strymon DIG Dual Digital Delay
Strymon has requested that all dealers take orders in person, over the phone or via email instead of using a shopping cart. Please call The Guitar Store at (206)397-4438 or email us to order.
DIG unearths the true soul of digital delay and doubles it—two simultaneous, integrated delays with the captivating rack delay voicings from the 1980s and today, for incredible expressive potential.
Effortlessly create your own world of intricate and synchronized echoes, along with hypnotic and atmospheric repeats that blur the line between delay and reverb. Stretch your sonic horizons with five musically satisfying rhythmic subdivisions and three dual delay routing options. Go from syncopated, pulsating delay patterns, to evocative, spaced-out echo trails all in a compact, pedalboard-friendly format.
Free-running delay time allows you to easily dial in delays from 20ms to 1.6s with the Time knob or Tap Tempo switch. Longer delay times lend themselves to more ambient soundscapes while doubling and slapback effects can be achieved at short delay times.
Set the ratio between the two delays with one of five rhythmic subdivisions: triplet, eighth note, dotted eighth note, dotted quarter note, and the golden ratio. Don’t want synchronization? Engage Free Mode to disable subdivisions and allow Delay 2 to be its own independent, free-running delay. Dial in short delay times for chorus/flange sounds to run alongside Delay 1.
Series, parallel, ping pong
Set up your two delays in one of three configurations. Series is like setting up pedals in a chain on your board, feeding Delay 2 into Delay 1. Parallel will orient your delay lines so that they remain independent—Delay 1 in the left channel and Delay 2 in the right channel. With Ping Pong, each delay acts as a ping pong delay, interacting together when both Mix knobs are turned up.
Don’t want your delays to be synchronized? Free Mode disables time sync and subdivisions between Delay 1 and Delay 2, giving the Time 2 knob a full delay range from 20ms to 1.6s.
Holding down the TAP footswitch enables circular repeats, where both delay lines maintain a static volume and repeat continuously until the TAP footswitch is disengaged. At this point, all previous settings will be restored.
Input allows for the connection of either an expression pedal, external tap, or Favorite switch. Plug in an expression pedal and control any one knob with your foot. Plug in an external tap pedal to remotely tap in your tempos. Plug in a Favorite switch to save and recall a favorite preset.
TRS Stereo Input
We know that there are some out there that like to run stereo rigs. This is why we've added the option of running the input of your DIG in stereo. Flip a jumper inside your pedal, use a TRS splitter cable, and now you've got yourself a stereo input.
- Two simultaneous, integrated delays, with unique digital rack delay voicings
- Five dual delay adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Time, Time 2, Mix, Mix 2, Repeats
- One modern and two classic digital delay voicings: 24/96, adm, 12 bit
- Five rhythmic subdivisions: Triplet, Eighth, Golden Ratio, Dotted Eighth, Dotted Quarter
- Three choices for delay line modulation: Off, Light, Deep
- Five “hidden” knobs for deep dual delay control: Delay 1 Subdivision, Sync/Free Mode, Filter, Config, Delay 2 Repeats
- Selectable Free Mode disables subdivisions and synchronization
- Press and hold Circular Repeats effect
- 20ms - 1.6s delay range (40ms - 3.2s with Half Note Delay 1 Subdivision)
- High impedance mono input, with selectable TRS stereo input
- Stereo output
- Three signal routing configurations: Series, Parallel, Ping Pong
- Tap tempo and Bypass footswitches
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of either an expression pedal (for selectable control over any knob parameter), external tap pedal (for remote control of tempo), or Favorite switch (to save a Favorite preset)
- Super low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115db typical signal to noise
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance SHARC DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable Trails Mode with high quality, transparent Analog Buffered Bypass mode
- 9V center negative DC power supply included, 250mA current draw
- Strong and lightweight anodized carnation pink chassis
- Designed and built in the USA