Strymon Flint Tremolo & Reverb
Strymon has requested that all dealers take orders in person, over the phone or via email instead of using a shopping cart. Please call The Guitar Store at (206)397-4438 or email us to order. Please note, we can not offer discounts on Strymon and Coupons do not apply to Strymon Products.
The magical combination of tremolo and reverb is the earliest example of a perfect guitar effects marriage. First pioneered within historic amplifiers of the 1960s, this harmonious coexistence has made its way onto countless records and performances—from early surf, swampy bayou blues, spaghetti westerns, film noir soundtracks, to modern day indie rock. There are certain things in life that just belong together—the blend of tremolo and reverb create the perfect pair.
Given this storied history, there was no doubt that Strymon wanted to develop a studio-class effects pedal that delivers this classic combination. They carefully studied their favorite classic tremolo and reverb circuits, examined the sonic complexities, and faithfully accounted for every detail in their hand-crafted algorithms. Flint harnesses the complete power of a SHARC DSP to authentically exhibit these details.
Flint gives you the soothing, pulsating, and hypnotic effects that were pioneered in vintage amplifier tremolo circuits, along with three classic and completely unique reverb algorithms. You get the sonically complex '61 Harmonic Tremolo, the swampy and sultry '63 Power Tube Tremolo, and the sharp and balanced '65 Photocell Tremolo. You also get the classic '60s Spring Tank Reverb, the inventive '70s Electronic Plate Reverb, and the nostalgic '80s Hall Rack Reverb.
With eight parameters to tweak, you get extensive control over the tremolo and reverb characteristics. Go from splashy, pulsing twang, to throbbing, swampy blues, all the way to ambient, trembling, and serene reverberated pads. Couple that with true bypass, and a high quality analog front end and output section, and you have yourself the history of tremolo and reverb in a pedal-board friendly format.
- Three hand crafted tremolo algorithms faithfully deliver classic tremolo experiences:
'61 Harmonic Tremolo, '63 Power Tube Tremolo, '65 Photocell Tremolo
- Three distinct reverb algorithms:
'60s Spring Tank Reverb, '70s Electronic Reverb, '80s Hall Rack Reverb
- Two tremolo adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Intensity, Speed
- Three reverb adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Decay, Color, Mix
- Four "hidden" knobs for extensive tone tweaking:
Tremolo Boost/Cut, Reverb Boost/Cut, Effect Order, Tap Subdivision
- High impedance mono input (internal jumper enables selectable TRS stereo input)
- Stereo output
- Tremolo Bypass and Reverb Bypass footswitches
- Expression pedal input allows the connection of either an expression pedal (for selectable control over any knob parameter), external tap pedal (for remote tap tremolo), or Favorite switch (to save a Favorite preset)
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Selectable "trails" mode with high quality Analog Buffered Bypass
- Adjustable +/- 3dB boost or cut when effect is engaged
- Powered with a standard 9V center negative DC supply, 250mA minimum
- Strong and lightweight black anodized aluminum chassis
- Crafted with love in the USA