Another one-piece 10 Top McCarty 594 in stunning Blue Fade from our latest exclusive run. A very light 7.8lbs. Your back shall love it!
In late November of 2017 Sean and I took a trip back to the factory to pick out woods and design a few runs of guitars. After having such a great couple of Wood Library runs of 594 come in during 2017 we decided to build another set of ten. This time we chose to get a run made for ourselves. We dug around the maple tops Paul had stashed and chose 10 from west coast Big Leaf trees as we were starting to feel a little homesick. These should have been classified as "Artist" tops but they were marked as 10 tops. This was Sean's first time back to the factory so he was asking me a bunch of questions. "What was your first Wood Library run you had PRS make for The Guitar Store?" It was that sweet Korina DGT run from 2013. Still my favorite. So we went after some of that design. Found the lightest Korina back and neck blanks to match with dark Ebony for the fretboard and veneer that all tied in to those tops. Hybrid hardware, Green Ripple and Paua bird inlays shipped to you in a black paisley PRS hardshell case. These guitars will be bring out some clarity in the mids when compared to the standard 594. I think you will like them.
When choosing the colors I went a little wild and asked that the folks in stain get the chance to take a chance. This Blue Fade shows off the exceptional talents of the PRS team.
Please reach out and ask me any questions you may have about this, or any of our other spectacular, one of a kind PRS guitars.
James Schultz- The Guitar Store
The McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet singlecoil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT pickups and push/pull coil taps on the tone controls. The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty 594 to create an instrument that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever.
A few key specifications that contribute to the McCarty 594’s tone and feel are:
- A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name.
- 58/15 LT pickups. LT, meaning low turns, which give the guitar a warm, clear tone.
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time.
- The added versatility of push/pull coil taps for each pickup for more tonal options
- A new Pattern Vintage neck carve, which shares the same width measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the treble side and a little more meat on the bass side of the neck.
- Tweaked Phase III tuners have an added set screw that pulls the tuner’s gear and worm together (while “locking” over the worm to prevent slipping) to promote tone transfer from the string directly into the guitar with as little energy as possible being detracted. (The tuner functions identically to standard Phase III tuners for re-stringing. Set screws must NOT be adjusted outside of the PRS factory. Making any adjustments to this feature may cause the tuner to stop functioning properly.)
"The 594 is the best new guitar I've played in years. It has a vintage heart and soul but without the technical limitations that usually come along with an old instrument. What good is an old guitar if you can't get all that feel out of the upper frets, or the intonation is off? To hear that old PAF sound but be able to articulate the notes in a way that only modern manufacturing coul