A wonderful guitar from the PRS Private Stock collection to be considered today. This Special Semi Hollow features a hand picked deeply figured Curly Maple top and an intense African Ribbon Mahogany back bound by Curly Maple scrape binding. Take a good look at the Reverse Amaretto Dragon's Breath finish. The attention to detail is equalled by none. This is the grail guitar you never knew you needed to have. Any sound you wish can come from it and so many more.
The PRS Special Semi-Hollow offers players a versatile hum/ “single”/hum configuration with two PRS 58/15 LT humbuckers and a PRS Narrowfield middle pickup. PRS Narrowfield pickups deliver the bite of a single coil, so they cut through the mix with plenty of clarity and punch – without the hum. Paired with a 5-way blade switch and two mini-toggles that tap the 58/15 LT humbuckers, this guitar can handle myriad sounds and styles (with twelve pickup combinations in total). Roll back the tone control for added growl, turn it up for some shimmer, and have fun exploring this versatile tonal palette.
Additional specifications include a maple top, mahogany back, 22-fret 25” scale length mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard, Phase III tuners, and PRS Gen III patented tremolo. The volume levels between the humbucking and single-coil settings remain very even, and the semi-hollow body with single f-hole provides a welcome airiness and depth to the guitar’s tone.
- Model: Special Semi-hollow
- Serial #: 22-340841
- Neck wood: Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard wood: Ziricote with Curly Maple binding
- Top wood: Curly Maple
- Back wood: African Ribbon Mahogany
- Headstock veneer wood: Ziricote with Curly Maple binding
- Neck Carve: Pattern
- Side dots: Black
- Color / Stain: Reverse Amaretto Dragon’s Breath
- Fingerboard inlays: Paua birds with Mother of Pearl outlines
- Headstock veneer inlays: Paua Private Stock Eagle with Mother of Pearl outline
- Finish type: Satin Nitro
- Pickups: Treble: 58/15 LT Middle: Narrowfield Bass: 58/15 LT
- Electronics: One volume, one tone control with a 5-way bladeswitch and two mini switches
- Hardware: Smoked Black PRS Gen III tremolo bridge, PRS Phase III set-screw locking tuning pegs with Ziricote buttons, and a Ziricote truss rod cover
- Set-Up: D’Addario .010
- Case type: Private Stock Black Paisley
- Specials: Satin Nitro finish, Curly Maple top with single F-hole, Roasted Maple neck, Ziricote fingerboard & headstock veneer, Paua bird inlays with Mother of Pearl outlines, and features Smoked Black hardware.
- Weight: 7.2 lbs