It goes without saying this Private Stock is a dream to play with the pattern neck carve caressing your hand across every inch of its 25" scale length. The Black Limba back and neck paired with the 58/15's and Narrowfield pickups sounds incredible with melodic lows, a gorgeous midrange and just enough bite to make every note play with clarity. The intuitive controls allow for a nearly unlimited variety of tones to be pulled from the pickups. To top it off the Citrus Glow finish over the maple 10 top looks stunning under any light and even more breathtaking in person. Simply put this is a forever guitar waiting for a life of music.
Reintroduced in 2021, the PRS Special Semi-Hollow is a versatile and beautiful instrument. This Private Stock Special Semi-Hollow Limited Edition keeps many of the appointments of the Core model, including a 22-fret, 25” scale length neck, semi-hollow body with single f-hole, and hum-Narrowfield-hum pickup configuration, and adds Private Stock material choices and craftsmanship for a unique small batch of guitars.
This Private Stock limited edition features stunning woods from the Private Stock Vault, including a highly-figured maple top, a Black Limba back and neck, ziricote fretboard, truss rod cover, and headstock veneer. Finished with white mother of pearl and paua inlays, smoked black hardware, and a highgloss nitro Citrus Glow finish, these instruments are true examples of the Private Stock team at work.
“What I love about running Limited Edition instruments in Private Stock is that it gives the team the opportunity to showcase our work on our own terms,” said Paul Miles, PRS Director of Private Stock. “We chose the Special Semi-Hollow model because the pickup and electronics configuration is extremely versatile, providing highly musical tones. The choice of Black Limba for the back and neck add to the tonal balance while the smoked black hardware against the Citrus Glow finish create a dramatic aesthetic contrast.”
Built with players in mind, Private Stock instruments take the craft of guitar-making to the next level, so collectors, art aficionados, and musicians alike will enjoy. Only 85 of these PRS Private Stock Special Semi-Hollow Limited Edition instruments will be made.
- Body Construction: Semi-Hollow Body with Single F-Hole
- Top Carve: Violin Carve
- Top Wood: Maple
- Back Wood: Black Limba
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Wood: Black Limba
- Neck Construction: One-Piece
- Truss Rod: PRS Double-Acting
- Neck Shape: Pattern
- Neck Depth at .5 Fret: 61/64”
- Neck Depth at 12.5th Fret: 7/8”
- Width of the Fretboard at the Nut: 1 11/16”
- Width of the Fretboard at the Body: 2 1/4”
- Fretboard Wood: Ziricote
- Fretboard Radius: 10"
- Fretboard Inlay: White Mother of Pearl Birds with Paua Outline
- Headstock Veneer: Ziricote
- Headstock Decal: White Mother of Pearl Private Stock Eagle with Paua Outline
- NBA: Set Neck
- Bridge: PRS Patented Gen III Tremolo, Molded
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking Tuners with Ziricote Buttons
- Hardware Type: Smoked Black
- Nut: PRS
- Truss Rod Cover: Ziricote
- Treble Pickup: PRS 58/15
- Middle Pickup: PRS Narrowfield
- Bass Pickup: PRS 58/15
- Controls: Volume and Tone Controls with 5-way Blade Pickup Switch and Two Mini-Toggle Coil-Split Switches
- Strings: PRS Signature 10-46
- Tuning: Standard Tuning: E,A,D,G,B,E
- Case: PRS Multi-Fit Case, Black Paisley
- Weight: 7.0 lbs