The Diving Bell is a lo-fi delay/echo machine utilizing 2x PT2399 chips, suitable for a wide-range of sounds from psyche-rock, country chicken’ pickin slapback, to blown-out shoegaze on the verge of self-oscillating chaos.
- Feedback – Dials in amount of feedback (capable of self-oscillation around 2 o’clock)
- Mix - Dials in amount of wet signal from Delay chips
- Spacing – Manipulates delay time(CCW shortest time between repeats, CW longest time between repeats)
- “Tune” momentary switch instantly alters delay speed for pitch bending qualities
- “Slap” switch changes repeat type to faster repeats for echo and chicken pickin settings.
I’ve found my favorite application for this pedal by placing it last in the chain with a volume pedal, compressor, and pitch shifter for a faux pedal steel sound. Using it especially with something like the DigiTech Whammy or Ricochet that has ramping capabilities up or down.
The compressor adds a ton of sustain and depending on your application, the volume pedal can act as a pedal steel as well, or strategically using the pitch shifter as the “country steel” sound. Throw your favorite pedal with an expression out in place of the pitch shifter and see what comes out!