Shiba Drive is a smooth sounding overdrive pedal that works excellent with a clean amp to deliver a wide range of warm bluesy rhythm tones, it can also be used for soloing by pushing an already overdriven amp into creamy violin-like sustain. Shiba’s unique midrange character allows your tone cut through the mix, while retaining your instruments natural sonic qualities.
Shiba Drive™ features an easy to tweak layout which includes Drive, Level, Tone, and a Smooth switch.
- Drive: Controls the amount of Drive from the circuit. This will take you from a bluesy crunch to a sustained, compressed overdrive.
- Level: Controls the output level of the pedal. Shiba provides enough level to push the front end of any tube amp into natural clipping, or adds sustain to an already overdriven amp.
- Tone: Shapes the the overall tonal response of the pedal - from warm and smooth to bright and cutting.
- Smooth Switch: (Three Position)
- Left: Activates as a mild high-end roll off. Effective for warming up guitars with single-coil pickups.
- Middle: Voiced to produce a natural, open sounding overdrive.
- Right: A more pronounced high-end roll off. Excellent for chunky rhythms and violin-like lead tones.
Note: The modes have less effect at lower gain and tone settings.
The FX Link connector allows the pedal's switching function to be controlled from an external switch, pedal board, loop switcher, or any other custom interface. FX Link also provides the ability to power up in the On/Off state.
The internal 9V battery is monitored at both power up and during use. The user will be alerted when the battery voltage becomes low. When the battery becomes too low to reliably operate the pedal, True Bypass is activated.